Friday, October 5, 2012

Here's hoping the salesgirls don't laugh me out of the store...

I got paid today. And after I pay all my normal boring bills, I am heading straight to Lululemon to buy myself some workout worthy clothes. I am tired of Shawn's old tshirts and ratty old pants. I ran stairs last weekend on Sunday with a friend of mine who I used to do stairs with pre-leg break quite regularly. It was tough and I wasn't nearly as fast as I used to be. But I did it. And it was fun and totally worth it. However, I couldn't walk for this whole week. My calves were so tight that I couldn't get up or down the stairs without desperately gripping the bar and sort of doing an old lady shimmy to the side down them. And forget what torture it was when Huxley needed me to "I carwwy you momma" (he's got it backwards but I know what he means) down the stairs. Ugh. I actually made plans every time I went up and down for throwing him over my head so he would land on me when I fell. You see I have fallen down stairs before. About 8 months after I broke my leg, I decided to run some stairs in Medicine Hat and my ankle actually just gave out halfway down. I went flying and had huge scrapes on my tummy and face from hitting the stairs on the way down and landing in a huge pile of red dirt. So I have a bit of a fear of stairs and so Sunday was a good accomplishment for me. However, it hurt so bad I couldn't even get off of the couch to get the remote so I kept watching Honey Boo Boo run all week and I've noticed I didn't mind... Well F that. I clearly need a kick in the ever increasingly baggy pants. So I am going to pick myself up a couple fall/winter running shirts, some pants with reflective strips, and maybe an ear band to get me motivated and out the door again. Barring the door doesn't accidentally open while H is running in circles picking his nose and I'm trying to stuff myself into the sausage casings and traumatize every tight svelte 20something girl in there into spontaneously committing suicide while looking at their inevitable future staring them in the face while I scream "I USED TO BE JUST LIKE YOU".....

Fingers crossed!!!

People in real life have started to notice I'm losing weight. Today, my dayhome lady, asked me if I'd been losing weight. I was so happy. My pants are so lose right now I don't even half to undo the buttons or zipper to take them off. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I also need some more running music for my ipod. Anyone got any good song recommendations????

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Keep up the fabulous work!