Saturday, October 25, 2008

Got It!!


I got the bikini in the mail yesterday. It's gorgeous and way better quality than those crappy Old Navy things I've worn over the years. Good thing it was AFTER the food and wine festival.. ahem.. it's amazing how all images of me looking fabulous in a bikini go to pot when there is malbecs, pumpkin spice beer, chai liquors and amaretto chocolate eclairs to be had. And of course the AFTER festival downing of WAY too many jagerbombs which result in me waking up at 4am with my heart beating through my neck. Sigh. A starbucks and some smack talking this morning left my guts all churned as usual so I decided to opt for steel cut oatmeal and bananas and a LOT of water for breakfast this morning... can't stomach anything else until supper I'd imagine- I think I'm going to opt for salmon and green beans. It was mentioned to me the other day that I should start a food diary to make myself more accountable... so that's what I'm doing, of course avoiding all the culinary disaster that was yesterday. I haven't worked out today yet either... I can't even get off the couch hardly and to be honest I'm scared of having more goo and ooze come out of my stitches. My workout is slightly on hold for a week and a bit until they come out because quite frankly I have no idea how to design a work out program if I can't use my legs. I'm signing up for a women's weight training class on Sundays but I've YET to find a spin class that doesn't involve joining some crazy cult gym like the WHC or ClubFit. But I remember being at the Calgary Stampede when I ran my half marathon. And I remember how it felt to look so good in my little white skirt and my tan tshirt and how Cody's friends looked at me. That gets my ass of the couch the most actually. Sigh. Alright. Game on.

No comments: