Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I GOT AN AWARD!

So a friend of mine whom I admire greatly (she is an awesome momma and always dressed the way I would dress if I could fit my fat arse into those clothes) writes a great little blog about her family, life, and her and her husband's autobody business that I believe they built from scratch (kudos!) You Auto Know. She graciously gave me a Liebster blog award and wrote up a way too generous referral for IBTWYPDB so I'm passing it on and answering her questions. I am going to get to passing the reward on and the referrals asap but I found her questions really fun and wanted to answer them today because I have that sort of obsessive personality.

1.Why did you start a blog?
This is an excellent question. I have no idea. Maybe my type A personality? Maybe my need to share the wonders of life with the internets? Maybe a need to express myself a la Doogie Howser? Probably most likely the need for some accountability in my weight loss and exercising goals. I'm going to go with that one.


2. What's your favourite thing to write about?
My kid, but since I fear posting how he pooped so bad the other day it went up the back of his shirt, was stuck to his back, and almost got in his hair... might come back to haunt him and thus me- I restrain myself. So I settle for little things in life I experience and of course keeping my walrus metabolism in check. Like for instance look forward to a post on my very first experience at the sport of squash soon!!

3. What's your own favourite post?
The one so far where I list my motivations for why I am trying to lose weight. It helps me and I find it keeps me off the vino very theraputic to write out what I'm feeling and discussing the difficulties of driving past the cupcake store eating healthy to be hard sometimes and I want to share it so that girls everywhere don't feel so bad when they sit on the couch eating mayonnaise from a jar watching Storage Wars miss their goals. Solidarity.

4. What's your favourite Edmonton festival?
Edmonton Folk Music Festival. Acoustic music, dirty hippies, sunshine, and beers. If you haven't ever been I strongly discourage you start going as it's getting more popular and I don't like waiting in line for tickets.

5. What website do you visit every day?
Facebook, work stuff, real estate agents for tropical countries, youtube for cat videos.

6. How long do you spend online every day?
Probably a few hours but most of it is work related.

7. Where would you move?
Well this is something I struggle with. I love Edmonton, what a beautiful city- winter and summer! But I know there are cities with beaches out there. Where I can let the kid build a sand castle and I can drink moijitos... but to be honest I don't move because of my family and rich group of friendships I've built up. I love each and every one of them and would miss them dearly. Hence why I'm not tanned and learning how to surf. Damn you people.

8. What type of business would you start?
Some sort of travel writing/touring thing that involves children, photography, fitness, and saving the planet as well. Sounds legit right?

9. What's your favourite thing about Fall?
Colours! School! Pumpkins! Crunching leaves! The smell of Staples!

10. What's the most domestic thing about you?
I love being a mommy. Also I LOVE doing laundry. I love the smell of it, I love how you can start it and go sit down and read a couple chapters of 50 Shades of Grey, then go empty it. Voila! Martha Stewart has nothing on me.

11. What's the least domestic thing about you?
I hate cooking. And dishes. And pretty much everything kitchen related. Except pie.



No comments: