Monday, September 3, 2012

Travel difficulties!

So I'm in a small northern town doing some live trapping for work. On a good day I hate this town... It's an oil and gas town that is surrounded by oil and gas leases (not an acreage, farm, or ranch to be found- which is too bad as it's beautiful country)- but they've covered this place in industry and it started long before the environment was something people worried about- so it's a mess... Check out the roadkill young of the year bear we found...Poor thing ... But I digress. Since it caters to a certain clientele you're hard pressed to find a vegetable in three of the four restaurants and this is no good for me. Because of the labour day weekend and our 9pm finish time the restaurants were closed except the burger baron. So I almost started crying in the truck. To think I've come this far and worked this hard to be FORCED to eat greasy junk made me incredibly sad. However, I was lucky enough to have a field partner with some dietary restrictions more restrictive than my current ones so she not only understood but jumped out of the truck to find the grocery store open with five minutes left to do our shopping! A couple bags of salad and some microwaved rice and a banana we were out the door and I was saved! And even though I drank a Gatorade today I still came in under my limit of 1476 calories today! I was so happy and grateful to her for helping me solve my problem without a blink of an eye and not even a chuckle at the chubby girl almost in tears desperately trying to heal herself. Thank you M.

No comments: